PM POSHAN Scheme is one of the most important flagship programme in the country. This programme covers all the 25 Govt., Govt. aided or Local Body schools under this Municipality.
PM POSHAN Scheme seeks to address two of the most pressing problems for the majority of children in India, namely, hunger and education by:
- Improving the nutritional status of children in classes I – V in Government, Local Body and Government aided schools etc.
- Encouraging poor children, belonging to disadvantaged sections, to attend school more regularly and help them concentrate on classroom activities.
- Providing nutritional support to children of primary stage in drought-affected areas during summer vacation.
- Encouraging poor children, belonging to disadvantaged section, to attend school more regularly and help them concentrate on classroom activities.
- Promoting regular school attendance and in that respect Mid-Day-Meal contribute not only to right of food but also to right of education.
- Helps to undermine caste prejudice, by teaching children to sit together and share a common meal.
- Reducing gender gap in school participation.
- With decentralized system of cooking through SHGs and community participation, MDM also provides the local economy and local women with a new economic activity.
- A source of economic support for the poorer sections of the Society and also an opportunity to impart nutrition, education to children.
- Providing an important source of employment for women.
Management Structure: Executive Officer Sri. Subir Kumar Banerjee (Mob: 7439894581)
Assistant Accountant Mr. Achin Kumar Dubey (Mob: 9002532671)
Data Entry Operator Mr. Indranil Chakraborty (Mob: 8942072229)